THE YEAR OF THE ROOSTER
The Year of the Rooster, 2017, in the Hsia calendar, is symbolised by two elements – with Yin Fire sitting on top
of Metal. According to the cycle of birth and destruction, which governs the inter-relationship between the
elements, Fire conquers Metal and so they are on the destructive cycle and have fighting relationship. Normally such conflicting elements means disharmony. In particular Yin Fire symbolises a small flame which is unstable. It represents the emotions. For a sentimental and sensitive person it will be more serious than yang fire year 2016. (A small Spark can burn down the forest) Hence Yin Fire is more associated with fire disasters and explosions. As Fire and Metal are in conflicting relationship, there will be international conflicts.
The Rooster is strong Yin Metal element which is symbol of metallic decorative metal ornaments like jewelry, beautiful on the outside, but very cold and hard on the inside. It also represents a dagger which can be associated with killings. As such, the Yin Fire Rooster year seems not a peaceful year, especially in the South part of the world and the South location of a city or home. The Chinese calendar of Heavenly Stems and Earthly Branches goes on 60
years cycle. This means that we had experienced the same Yin Fire Rooster year 60 years ago in 1957 as well as 120
years ago in 1897.
In Chinese Metaphysics, Yin Fire represents the heart and blood circulation. It also refers to the brain, nervous system and the eyes. Hence a Yin Fire year is easy to bring sicknesses relating to the heart, blood, inflammation problem, brain and nerve problem such as hypertension and stroke.
As Yin Fire is the Heart. As fire is hot air. 2016 was Yang Fire year (Big Fire) and we saw record temperatures and
The Rooster is the animal in clash against the Rabbit. (The grand Duke, Planet Jupiter) Which sits 262,6 – 277,5
degrees of the compass.
The start of the Fire Rooster starts on the 3rd of February 2017 time 23:36 and it’s at this time we open all our doors and windows to flush out the past year’s Chi (Universal energy) and allow the new energy to come into our homes or
businesses to charge up the dwelling for the up and coming year. This should be done for for at least two hours (The
Hour of the Rat) or the entire day of the 4th of February.
• For The Rooster, it will be a year of increased wealth.
• For the Dog, it will be a year of many opportunities coming your way.
• For the Boar, you need to be wary of risky financial investments.
• For the Rat, it will be a year of improvements and smooth sailing.
• For the Ox, it will be a year of many helpful people to help you. (Affinity
• For the Tiger, it will be a year of less obstacles and challenges as the previous year, you need to keep a look out for the people who have true intentions to help you.
• For the Rabbit, it will be a challenging year for you especially if you are travelling in a westerly direction (Long
Distance travels) Remember what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger (In other words be cautious in your
endeavours this year.)(Clash year.)
• For the Dragon, it will be a good year to start new ventures that you want your long term goals fulfilled.
• For the Snake, it will a year to test your patience in attaining your goals (Affinity year.)
• For the Horse, it will be a good year for you to develop your skills in transforming negative situations and
converting them into positive.
• For the Goat, you need to keep your eyes focused on the opportunities that await you, if you don’t ask you won’t get.
• For the Monkey, you need to allow some time for yourself to relax this year.
Your helpful people in your endeavours for year of the Rooster 2017. Aligning yourself with people born in these
years will create a harmonious and productive relationship for the year
• Rooster your helpers will be people born in the year of the Rat, Dragon and Goat.
• Dog your helpers will be people born in the year of the Monkey, Boar and Snake.
• Boar your helpers will be people born in the year of the Rooster, Rabbit and Horse.
• Rat your helpers will be people born in the year of the Dog, Ox and Goat.
• Ox your helpers will be people born in the year of the Monkey, Rat and Dragon.
• Tiger your helpers will be people born in the year of the Rooster, Tiger and Snake.
• Rabbit your helpers will be people born in the year of the Dog, Boar and Tiger.
• Dragon your helpers will be people born in the year of the Rat, Rabbit and Horse.
• Snake your helpers will be people born in the year of the Monkey, Ox and Dragon.
• Horse your helpers will be people born in the year of the Rooster, Boar and Rabbit.
• Goat your helpers will be people born in the year of the Rat, Snake and Horse.
• Monkey your helpers will be people born in the year of the Dog, Ox and Horse.
The Lo Shu grid
Place the lo shu grid (9 Squares) over your home or business and position the number sequence in the relevant
locations to ascertain the number frequency vibrations for the year of the Rooster.
No 1 Location: Center: Noble people Star.
No 2: North West: Illness Star.
No 3: West: Argument star.
No 4: North East: Academic Star.
No 5: South: Misfortune Star.
No 6: North: Authority Star.
No 7: South West: Robbery Star.
No 8: East: Wealth star.
No 9: Southeast: Promotion star.
For more info about the meanings and Feng Shui cures of the Lo Shu grid you can connect up with me Warren
Wegener on Facebook and join my Group Yi Jing Feng Shui Association Of Southern Africa which was founded in 1998.
Wishing you all a Hundred Trillion Blessing for the Year of the Rooster.